Its used to treat erectile dysfunction (inability to achieve or maintain penile erection), symptoms of enlarged prostate gland in male (benign prostatic hyperplasia) such as difficulty while urinating, painful urination and urinary urgency; and increased blood pressure in lungs (pulmonary arterial hypertension).
It works by>
Increasing blood flow in the penis by relaxing and widening the blood vessels and helps achieve and maintain erection sufficient for sexual activity. By improving the blood flow to the prostate and relaxing the muscles in the prostate gland and the bladder, tadalafil helps to relieve urinary symptoms. Similarly, relaxation of blood vessels in lung leads to lowering of blood pressure.
- It’s best to take this drug about 1 hour before sexual activity, but you can take it anywhere between 4 hours and 30 minutes before you need it.
- If you have an erection for more than 4 hours, call a doctor.
- The drug works best when taken on an empty stomach.
- Do not take the drug if you are also using a nitrate drug for chest pain or heart problems.
- Tadalafil may cause dizziness. Do not drive or operate machinery after taking sildenafil.
- Drinking too much alcohol before taking tadalafil can temporarily impair the ability to get an erection. To get the maximum benefit from the medicine, it is advised not to drink excessive amounts of alcohol before taking this drug.