Guavas are a storehouse of dietary fibres too. Eating fibre-rich fruits and vegetables may help boost weight loss. Since fibre takes a while to digest, it stays in the system for a while, inducing a feeling of fullness. Now, if you feel full, your chances of unhealthy bingeing slash eventually. This mindful eating helps prevent weight gain.
1. Guavas make for an excellent salad ingredient. You can experiment as much as you want, but if you are in a mood for something easy and quick, you can try this guava and cottage cheese salad recipe. An electric mix of rocket leaves, apples, guavas and paneer, this salad is ideal for your ‘meetha’ cravings on diet.
2. Thick and wholesome, guava smoothies are perfect for those untimely cravings. They’d fill you up with all things nutritious and nice. Don’t know how to make one? Here’s a recipe for you!
3. Guava juice serves as a great mixing base for many cocktails and mocktails. Homemade fresh guava juice may also be a good addition to your diet. But it is recommended to eat the fruit as a whole, as juicing may cost you essential fibres. Do not opt for store-bought juice as it could be high in sugar content.
4. Do not toss away the seeds. Guava seeds can be chewed and swallowed with the fruit itself. These seeds are also loaded with fibre.
5. You can also use the fruit to make some fresh and homemade chutney. Pair it with your roti, bread, or use it as a sandwich spread or topping for your salad. You know you can do so much with just a dash of chutney.